Women’s Self-Defense Class: Mother’s Day Discount! $97 value–now only $47! Taught by Doris Eastbury, 4th degree black belt. General information about women’s self defense seminars.
Class will take place Saturday, May 11th at the Stanwood Masonic Center from 11:30 am-1:00 pm. Sign up with a friend and you both will receive an extra 25% off ($35 each)! Participants must be 13 years & up, as we teach children differently than teenagers and adults.
You don’t have to be a martial artist to know how to defend yourself! All participants will receive a safety handout and self-defense stick.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and sign up today! Scroll down for class content.
Class content includes:
- “5 A’s” of self defense
- Walking with confidence: posture & body language tips
- Strong eyes, strong voice
- How to effectively use your voice
- Decision-making: thinking through a self defense situation
- Simple, effective release & escapes from grabs and holds
- Simple, effective strikes using the strongest parts of your body
- Targeting: weak points on the opponent’s body
- Lots of practice
- Plenty of time for questions!
We’ll go over this information, breaking it down into easy-to-remember points (like the 5 A’s and a girl’s best 3 weapons). There will be plenty of opportunities to practice after demonstrating and walking you through each technique. Protecting yourself doesn’t have to be complicated or confusing. NWSMA female black belts will be on hand to assist and answer questions. Our goal is to create a safe and fun environment for you to learn self-defense that may someday save your life.