Try karate in Stanwood today! NW School of Martial arts operates with open-enrollment and no payment contracts. Check out our monthly calendar below to plan your visit.
Feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Here’s what you need to know about trying a karate class at NW School of Martial Arts:
- The first trial class is always FREE!
- There is no formal scheduling process, but we’d love it if you let us know you were coming!
- You can come in to try class during any age-appropriate class. That’s 4:30 for 6-10 year olds, and 5:30 for 11 year olds and up.
- Have multiple family members interested in our Stanwood karate school? Please come to the class that is appropriate for the youngest potential student.
- All 5 and 6 year-olds must take a trial class to be accepted into our program.
- We do not have payment contracts, but there is an enrollment fee when you first join.
Keep reading for a list of what to bring!
What to Bring:
- Yourself 🙂
- Listening ears and a good attitude
- A water bottle
- Wear loose fitting clothing that is easy to move in
- Any medical aids you need, such as prescription eyewear, inhaler, or diabetic supplies
A Typical Class
We typically begin class with stretching and warmups. New students have a buddy to help them follow along with the exercises, which may be new. Then, we break up the class into small groups.
Each group works with an assistant instructor. Assistant instructors guide students through new learning, practice, and drills, while giving feedback for improvement. This way, we ensure that everyone is getting instruction that is tailored to their belt and experience level.
At the end of class, we get back together for a quick drill, game, or resting posture. We’ll go over the calendar before dismissing everyone.
Sounds like fun, huh? Hope to see you soon!