Wanna hear about how awesome & inspiring Summer Camp 2014 was? Click that “more” link!!!!
I have to say, this has been one of the best camps I have ever seen.
Sure, we tried new food:
And yeah, we had a giant water balloon fight:
Oh, and we played “Duck Duck Goose” and “Snakes on a Plane:”
But, the real triumphs were in those small moments, inspiring moments like these:
- A friend forgot his lunch, and everyone happily offered him something from their own lunch. Way to share and help out!
- Using self-control and learning to say, “Maybe next time,” when we didn’t win a game or get chosen to be Sensei’s helper.
- A mom cooked us some Korean dishes. Not only did the kids try (almost) everything, a whole bunch of them went up and thanked her without me asking them to do so. Wowza.
- Including others in games and play & peacefully solving disagreements.
- Helping others when they were struggling with a technique–and learning not to give up, even when we were tired, hungry, or missing mom. 🙂
- Not complaining about cleaning or picking up trash around the hall.
- Taking all of our belongings with us when we left for the day.
- Donating a huge amount of school supplies to a local charity, and helping sort the items at the charity.
NWSMA parents, you are raising some awesome leaders! Huge compliments to you AND to the campers on a smooth, fun, and educational week!!