Karate Stanwood for Preschoolers & Kinders (Looking for Karate for youth and adults?)
All 4-6 year-olds will be assessed in a free trial class. Based on your child’s reaction to being in our dojo classroom, we’ll work with you to devise a schedule to best fit your child’s developmental level.
Here are some things we often do to accommodate the boundless energy and attention span of most 4-6 year olds:
- 4-6 year-olds participate in regular youth class
- The first ~15 minutes consist of following along in a large group during warm-up exercises
- For the next 30-45 minutes, 4-6 year-olds get a small group and assistant instructor to practice with
- 4-6 year-olds generally get bowed out of class after 45 minutes
- We usually recommend 1-2 classes per week maximum for 4-6 year-olds
Parents are welcome to watch, or to take class with their child!
Martial arts is a great activity for preschool students. The dojo is a structured classroom environment, and gets kiddos working on focus and motor skills. Students learn safety and bully-proofing. They get to be around peers and older children, learning to get along and work together. Plus, martial arts is super fun!
We emphasize focus, good behavior, following directions, and getting along with each other. We do teach basic kicking and punching techniques, but focus more on fun drills which build motor skills and reflexes. We also emphasize safety, like not talking to strangers, and teach some basic self-defense moves.
The longer they stick with martial arts, the more they benefit!