We have exciting news for you! For the very first time, NW School of Martial Arts’ 2013 Karate Summer Camp is open to anyone ages 6-17!! That means you don’t have to be an NWSMA student to take part in the summer martial arts fun!!
NWSMA students, you know what that means? Bring a friend with you to camp!
Camp will take place over the course of 5 days, and each day has a theme. Focusing on one skill a day, such as kicking and grab releases, children will learn the basics of how to defend themselves. Benefits of summer camp include:
- Gaining self-confidence;
- Learning some basic self-defense skills;
- Working with a small group to create a short skit about how to peacefully resolve a bullying situation;
- Making new friends, learning to share & helping others;
- Being active and exercising in a safe, friendly environment;
- Getting creative with crafts and games!
Here’s the what/when/where:
- Karate Summer Camp takes place August 12-16, 2013, Mon-Fri 10:30am-3:00 pm
- The cost is $100/child/week OR $25/child/day
- *Bring-your-own lunch except Friday* (We’ll serve pizza on Friday)
- Located @ Stanwood Mason Hall in downtown Stanwood. We will donate a part of our proceeds to Bikes for Books.
- Camp t-shirts with NWSMA logo will be available for an optional $20.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT ASAP! Contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll email you the registration form and camp program.
Payment will be due in full, cash or check to NWSMA, on the 1st day of camp (August 12). Children will not be allowed to take part if their parent/guardian has not completed & returned the registration form with payment.
NW School of Martial Arts, owned by Sensei Doris Eastbury, has been serving Stanwood since 1988 with martial arts & self-defense classes for all ages. Assisting her with camp are certified black belts who regularly instruct & help in our year-round programs.